Peabody Auditorium & Bandshell
As of July 8, 2020
Saturday night concerts return to Daytona Bandshell
City commissioners gave approval Wednesday, July 1, to the Friends of the Bandshell organization to host their Saturday night concerts at the Daytona Beach Bandshell beginning Saturday, July 11. Organizers of the popular Saturday night concerts are required to operate at a reduced capacity and implement social distancing protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Social distancing protocols include:
- Guests are required to wear face coverings when in the bandshell.
- Guests are required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire before entering the bandshell.
- Guests are required to have their temperature checked before entering the bandshell. Persons with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be able to enter the bandshell.
- Contact-less payments and “no touch” purchases will be made available to patrons in the bandshell.
- General admission is now $2 and includes a chair that will be provided.
- VIP tickets are $10 for seating in an access-controlled section and includes a chair that will be provided.
- Guests can no longer bring a personal chair.
- All VIP and reserved seats must be purchased in groups of two.
- Social distancing will be implemented in the VIP and reserved seating section by arranging chairs in groups of two, followed by two empty seats.
A Stevie Wonder tribute band, “Hotter than July,” will kick off the concerts Saturday, July 11. For the schedule of upcoming Saturday night concerts, visit www.friendsofthebandshell.org.
The Friday night concerts sponsored by the City of Daytona Beach continue to be postponed until further notice. All tickets purchased in advance for the Friday night concerts are available for a refund directly from the point of purchase.
As of May 18, 2020
City of Daytona Beach cancels July 4 fireworks
Due to restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the fireworks shows for Memorial Day weekend and the Fourth of July, as well as the Friday night Summer Entertainment Series at the Daytona Beach Bandshell, which was scheduled to begin this Memorial Day weekend, have been postponed. It has yet to be determined if the fireworks shows for the Fourth of July will be rescheduled. The Friday night concerts are postponed until July 10.
All tickets purchased in advance are available for a refund directly from the point of purchase. Ticket holders who made a purchase at the Peabody Box Office, can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for a refund.
Officials at the Daytona Beach Bandshell are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and will provide an update on the July concert lineup in June.
Stay up-to-date with the Daytona Beach Bandshell news by signing up for the e-updates at www.daytonabandshell.com/, and following the venue on Facebook at www.facebook.com/daytonabeachbandshell/ and Instagram at www.instagram.com/bandshelldaytona/.
For information about the Saturday Star Spangled Summer Concert Series sponsored by the Friends of the Bandshell, visit www.friendsofthebandshell.org/ or follow Friends of the Bandshell on Facebook at www.facebook.com/friendsofthebandshell/
As of May 5, 2020
Peabody Auditorium reschedules performances due to COVID-19
- The Color Purple scheduled for March 16, 2020, has been canceled. Ticket buyers should have received a refund from their point of purchase.
- An American in Paris scheduled for April 5, 2020, has been canceled. Ticket buyers should have received a refund from their point of purchase.
- Peppa Pig Live scheduled for May 14, 2020, has been canceled. Ticket buyers should have received a refund from their point of purchase.
- An Acoustic Evening with Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt scheduled for May 19, 2020, has been canceled. Ticket buyers should have a received a refund from their point of purchase.
- The Happy Together 2020 Tour previously scheduled for May 31, 2020, has been rescheduled to 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020.
- Little River Band had been rescheduled from March 27 to June 19, and has now been officially rescheduled for 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020.
- Menopause The Musical had been rescheduled from April 16 to June 4, and has now been officially rescheduled to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021.
- 1964 The Tribute: A Tribute to the Beatles has been rescheduled from April 4, 2020, to 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 22, 2021.
- Out had been rescheduled from March 22 to June 10, and has now been officially rescheduled for 8 p.m. Friday, March 19, 2021.
As of March 18, 2020
Two new rescheduled dates for Peabody Auditorium Broadway performances
Peabody Auditorium has announced new dates for the following two shows:
- Menopause The Musical: Previously scheduled for 7:30 pm. Thursday, April 16, has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 4.
- An American in Paris: Previously scheduled for 7 p.m. Sunday, April 5, has been rescheduled for 7 p.m. Sunday, June 14.
As of March 17, 2020
New performance dates announced for Peabody Auditorium
Due to the growing health and safety concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Peabody Auditorium has rescheduled multiple events for later this year. Rescheduled dates have been confirmed for Get the Led Out, Little River Band and Rodney Carrington.
- Get The Led Out: Previously scheduled for 8 p.m. Sunday, March 22, has been rescheduled for 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 10.
- Little River Band: Previously scheduled for 8 p.m. Friday, March 27, has been rescheduled for 8 p.m. Friday, June 19.
- Rodney Carrington LIVE: Previously scheduled for 8 p.m. Friday, April 3, has been rescheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday, July 11.
All tickets purchased for the original dates of each performance will be honored on the new scheduled dates. Patrons that are unable to attend the rescheduled date must contact their point of purchase. Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, March 20, for Get the Led Out, Little River Band and Rodney Carrington Live. Tickets will be available to purchase on www.peabodyauditorium.org, by phone via Ticketmaster at 800-982-2787 or at the Peabody Box Office in person between the hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
As of March 16, 2020
Performances at Peabody Auditorium postponed or canceled
Due to growing health and safety concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the following events at the Peabody Auditorium have been postponed or canceled:
- March 16 – The Color Purple (Postponed)
- March 21 – Siberian Virtuosi (Cancelled)
- March 22 – Get the Led Out (Rescheduled to Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 8 p.m.)
- March 27 – Little River Band (Rescheduled to Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8 p.m.)
- March 28 – Joe Montelione and The Florida Tech Big Band (Cancelled)
- April 3 – Rodney Carrington (Rescheduled to Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 8 p.m.)
- April 4 – 1964 The Tribute (Postponed)
- April 5 – An American in Paris (Postponed)
- May 14 – Peppa Pig Live! (Postponed)
We anticipate announcing rescheduled dates soon and tickets will be honored for the rescheduled dates. Please check individual event pages on the Peabody website for more details and updates.
Please hang on to your tickets - they will still be valid for the new show dates. For further information or questions, please contact your point of purchase. Refunds will be available for those not able to attend the rescheduled dates once its announced. Due to the cancellation of Siberian Virtuosi on March 21, all ticket holders will be issued refunds at their point of purchase, the Daytona Beach Symphony Society will handle all season subscribers. For more information, call (386) 671-3460 or visit https://www.peabodyauditorium.org/.
As of March 16, 2020
There have been no changes to the Bandshell’s performance schedule. To view a list of events, visit their website at https://www.daytonabandshell.com/.