Publix offering COVID-19 vaccine
Governor Ron DeSantis has announced that Publix will offer a limited number of COVID-19 vaccines at pharmacies in Volusia County. The vaccine will be available for healthcare personnel with direct patient contact, residents and staff in long-term healthcare facilities and persons 65 years of age and older. Appointments to receive the vaccine can only be made online at www.Publix.com/covid-vaccine. Publix Pharmacy locations in Daytona Beach are:
- The Shoppes at Beville Road, 1500 Beville Road
- Bellair Plaza, 2595 N. Atlantic Ave.
- Latitude Landings, 2630 LPGA Blvd.
For more information, visit www.Publix.com/covid-vaccine.
Daytona Beach VA Clinic offers COVID-19 Vaccine
The Daytona Beach VA Multispecialty Community Based Outpatient Clinic located at 515 National Health Care Dr. is distributing COVID-19 vaccines to certain veterans based on CDC and Veterans Health Administration guidelines. Veterans must be enrolled and eligible for VA health care benefits, and there is no cost to get the vaccine.
Veterans eligible for the vaccine are:
- Veterans aged 75 years and older
- Eligible, enrolled Veterans that receive care at the VA aged 18 and older and are employed as fire fighters, police officers, corrections officers, food and agricultural workers, United States Postal Service workers, manufacturing workers, grocery store workers, public transit workers, and those who work in the educational sector (teachers, support staff, and daycare workers)and who have not yet received the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine are eligible to receive the vaccine at no cost. Please bring identification or documentation that you are employed in one of these categories.
To receive the vaccine, appointments must be made by calling (407) 631-0499 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday or leave a voicemail during non-business hours and the call will be returned.
The vaccines are offered from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with the last appointment at 3 p.m. The vaccines are offered in conference room 182.
As vaccine supply increases, the VA will notify additional groups of veterans who are eligible to receive the vaccine at VA. Veterans may also visit https://www.orlando.va.gov/services/covid-19-vaccines.asp for information and updates.