The University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Extension in Volusia County (UF/IFAS Extension Volusia County) is a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency. They offer two-part classes that consist of eight hours of classroom education, which is required to obtain the certificate for federal down payment and closing cost assistance programs available through Volusia County.
All classes are held virtually. Pre-registration is required, and class dates and/or times are subject to change.
- Thursday, Jan. 21 (one day - English): 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 (one day - Spanish): 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 22 (part one): 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 29 (part two): 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 5 (part one): 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 12 (part two): 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 11 (one day - English): 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 18 (one day - Spanish): 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, March 4 (part one): 5 to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, March 11 (part two): 5 to 9 p.m.
To register, call 386-822-5778, email Patricia Caradonna at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go online the Eventbrite website.
For more information, visit this website.