Due to Commissioner Aaron Delgado’s resignation, the city’s Charter requires a special election to fill the vacated seat in Zone 2. On August 4, 2021, Daytona Beach's City Commission approved an ordinance calling the Special Municipal Election.
The City Clerk is the designated qualifying official for city elections. Potential candidates, who must reside in Zone 2 for at least six months prior to the first day of the qualification period, should contact City Clerk Letitia LaMagna by calling (386) 671-8023. An appointment will be scheduled to review the requirements and necessary paperwork to run for the seat.
Visit this webpage for a list of qualified candidates, election schedule, campaign reports, sign regulations and Campaign Treasurer Reports.
- Qualifying Dates - August 16 until noon on Aug. 20, 2021
- Voter Registration Deadline for Special Primary Election – Aug. 23, 2021
- Special Primary Election – Sept. 21, 2021
- Voter Registration Deadline for Special General Election – Oct. 4, 2021
- Special General Election – Nov. 2, 2021
To vote by mail, requests can be made in person, by phone, by mail or online to:
Supervisor of Elections
1750 S. Woodland Blvd.,
DeLand FL 32720
There will be two polling places:
- Precinct #607 – Schnebly Recreation Center, 1101 N. Atlantic Ave.
- Precinct #619 – Allen Chapel AME Church, 580 George W. Engram Blvd.
Only registered voters in Zone 2 will be able to cast a ballot.