Are you a Daytona Beach resident who wants to recycle, but not sure how it works? No worries – it’s simple!
When is pickup?
Recycling is collected one day per week. The day varies on location. View this map (PDF) for the recycling collection schedule for your address.
What can be recycled?
Clean and empty glass bottles, jars and containers
- Clean and empty aluminum and metal cans
- Clean and empty plastic bottles and containers stamped with the numbers 1 through 5
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, paper, envelopes and phone books
- Plain cardboard
What can’t be recycled?
- Boxes from cereal or soda or anything with shiny, coated print
- Pizza boxes
- Household hazardous materials
- Items with food that can’t be rinsed
- Plastic grocery bags
All acceptable items can be placed together in one bin.
If you need a bin, please call the City of Daytona Beach’s Solid Waste department at (386) 671-8670.
Other frequently asked questions about garbage collection can be viewed here.