Getting around Daytona Beach during Bike Week
Hundreds of thousands of people will be in the Daytona Beach area March 6-15 for Bike Week. Large crowds are expected in the following areas, especially at night:
- Daytona International Speedway
- Main Street
- North Beach Street
- Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard
For the schedule of Bike Week activities, visit the Official Bike Week website at www.officialbikeweek.com.
Note: The Cycles and Clydesdales parade will begin at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 8. The parade begins in the 600 block of N. Wild Olive Avenue, travels east on Oakridge Boulevard to Atlantic Avenue (S.R. A1A), south on Atlantic Avenue (S.R. A1A) to Main Street, west on Main Street to Peninsula Drive, north on Peninsula Drive and back to N. Wild Olive Avenue.
- Motorists are encouraged to use the Seabreeze Boulevard / Oakridge Boulevard and International Speedway Boulevard bridges.
- Excessive noise from loud pipes is prohibited, and motorcycles must have mufflers according to state law and city ordinance. Violations will be enforced.
- “Motorcycles Only” will be in effect for Main Street. Other motorists must use the side roadways or receive special permission to access the area.
- Motorcyclists arriving and leaving festival areas via residential streets should proceed with extra caution due to pedestrian traffic.
- Resident and business access will be accommodated.
- Police will enforce designated residential / decal parking restrictions in specific areas, especially on the beach side. Please check for signage before parking.
- It may be necessary to restrict traffic on the Main Street Bridge during peak event times so emergency vehicles can get through the area.
- When event traffic dictates, specific traffic patterns will be put into effect to help keep traffic moving in and around the festival areas.
Side street traffic heading north / south between Auditorium Boulevard and Harvey Street may be restricted during events. Affected roadways include:
- Oleander Avenue
- Wild Olive Street
- Grandview Avenue
- Hollywood Avenue
In order to ensure traffic flow, special traffic patterns may go into effect for motorcycle riders who want to access Main Street. Those are as follows:
Atlantic Avenue (S.R. A1A)
Northbound: Turn left (west) on International Speedway Boulevard and then right (north) on Peninsula Drive. Please avoid trying to turn left (west) onto Main Street from Atlantic Avenue.
Southbound: Go to the right lane. Upon reaching Main Street, you may be able to turn right (west), depending on the amount of traffic. If not, continue south and turn right (west) on International Speedway Boulevard, then turn right (north) on Peninsula Drive.
Northbound: Remain on Peninsula Drive until you get to Main Street, then turn right (east).
Southbound: Turn left (east) on Oakridge Boulevard to Atlantic Avenue, then turn right (south) and head to Main Street.
North Beach Street
There will be motorcycle-only parking in selected areas of North Beach Street. These areas will be clearly marked by signage.
Expect heavy traffic around Indian Motorcycle Company at 290 North Beach St.
Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard (MMB)
Eventgoers can use any of the major roadways intersecting with MMB.
Public parking areas may be restricted to assist with pedestrian safety and vehicle movement during events.
Side streets near the 800 block of MMB will be restricted and/or closed to assist with spectator safety.
Daytona International Speedway
We are not anticipating any major traffic concerns in this area, but minor traffic patterns may be implemented to assist with inbound and outbound traffic.
Signage will be clearly posted directing spectators to all events on Speedway property.