Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued an Executive Order Wednesday, April 29, that outlines the Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery.
The Phase 1 Reopening executive order continues with the “Safer At Home” guidelines; however it does allow for the following:
- Elective medical procedures can resume
- Restaurants can offer outdoor dining provided they adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines
- Restaurants can offer indoor seating up to 25% occupancy and must adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines
- Non-essential and retail establishments can reopen and must adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines and can only have 25% occupancy
- Bars and nightclubs, gyms and hair salons remain closed
- All travel restrictions and self-isolation guidance from the CDC remains in place
- People should not meet in groups of more than 10 people and follow CDC social distancing guidelines
- People should wear a cloth face covering in places where it is difficult to maintain social distancing (i.e. grocery stores)
*Broward, Dade and Palm Beach counties are not included in the Phase 1 Reopening.
To read the Governor’s Executive Order, visit https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-112.pdf.
The order goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Monday, May 4.
For more information, visit www.codb.us/coronavirus and click on the Frequently Asked Questions for the Phase 1 Reopening, review the Task Force report and the Governor’s presentation.