City commissioners gave approval Wednesday, July 1, to the Friends of the Bandshell organization to host their Saturday night concerts at the Daytona Beach Bandshell beginning Saturday, July 11. Organizers of the popular Saturday night concerts are required to operate at a reduced capacity and implement social distancing protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Social distancing protocols include:
- Guests are required to wear face coverings when in the bandshell.
- Guests are required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire before entering the bandshell.
- Guests are required to have their temperature checked before entering the bandshell. Persons with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be able to enter the bandshell.
- Contact-less payments and “no touch” purchases will be made available to patrons in the bandshell.
- General admission is now $2 and includes a chair that will be provided.
- VIP tickets are $10 for seating in an access-controlled section and includes a chair that will be provided.
- Guests can no longer bring a personal chair.
- All VIP and reserved seats must be purchased in groups of two.
- Social distancing will be implemented in the VIP and reserved seating section by arranging chairs in groups of two, followed by two empty seats.
A Stevie Wonder tribute band, “Hotter than July,” will kick off the concerts Saturday, July 11. For the schedule of upcoming Saturday night concerts, visit www.friendsofthebandshell.org.
The Friday night concerts sponsored by the City of Daytona Beach continue to be postponed until further notice. All tickets purchased in advance for the Friday night concerts are available for a refund directly from the point of purchase.