How to apply
Daytona Beach Fire Department requires an application and a passing test score for open positions through National Testing Network. Once a passing test score is obtained, complete the application process at the Job Opportunities page with the City of Daytona Beach.
In response to the many inquiries on joining the Daytona Beach Fire Department, the information below will assist in answering most questions regarding employment.
- Must have a State of Florida Firefighter Certification
- Must have a State of Florida EMT/Paramedic Certification
- Possess a current BLS for Healthcare Provider card (CPR)
- Possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support card (ACLS)(Paramedic Applicants)
- Provide a valid State of Florida Class "E" driver's license
- Possess an Emergency Vehicle Operators Course certification (EVOC)
For more information on obtaining a Florida Firefighter Certification, go to the Florida State Fire College website. For more information on obtaining a Florida EMT/Paramedic Certification, go to the Florida Bureau of EMS website.
Certifications in other States
If you are a certified firefighter from another state, please go to Florida Department of Financial Services for information regarding challenging the state exam. If you are an EMT or Paramedic from another state, please go to Florida Department of Health for information regarding challenging the state exam.