Biketoberfest 2019 – the 27th annual edition of the fall motorcycle rally in the Daytona Beach area – begins October 17th (Thursday) and continues until October 20th (Sunday).
To ensure a safe environment where residents and visitors can move with a minimum of traffic issues, please make a special note of the following:
- Those wishing to enter or leave beachside are encouraged to use the Seabreeze/Oakridge Boulevard or International Speedway Boulevard bridges.
- Excessive noise from loud pipes is prohibited by Florida law and Daytona Beach city ordinance. Violations will be enforced!
- Motorcycles must have mufflers by state law and city ordinance. Violations will be enforced!
- A “Motorcycles Only” pattern will be in effect for Main Street. Other vehicles will be directed elsewhere or must receive special permission to access.
- Motorcyclists arriving and leaving festival areas via residential streets should proceed with extra caution due to pedestrian traffic.
- Police will enforce designated residential/decal parking restrictions in specific areas, especially on beachside. Check for signage before you park!
- It may be necessary to restrict traffic on the Main Street Bridge during peak event times to facilitate movement of emergency vehicles.
We are anticipating around 125,000 visitors to the area during this year’s rally. Most of them will be in these areas, especially at night.
Side street traffic heading north/south between Auditorium Boulevard and Harvey Street may be restricted during events on Main Street. Affected roadways will include:
- Oleander Avenue
- Wild Olive Street
- Grandview Avenue
- Hollywood Avenue
In order to ensure traffic flow, special traffic patterns may go into effect for motorcycle riders who want to access Main Street. Those are as follows:
Atlantic Avenue/State Road A1A:
- NORTHBOUND: Turn left (west) on International Speedway Boulevard and then right (north) on Peninsula Drive. Please avoid trying to turn left (west) onto Main Street from Atlantic Avenue.
- SOUTHBOUND: Go to the right lane. Upon reaching Main Street, you may be able to turn right (west), depending on the amount of traffic. If not, continue south and turn right (west) on International Speedway Boulevard, then turn right (north) on Peninsula Drive.
- NORTHBOUND: Remain on Peninsula Drive until you get to Main Street, then turn right (east).
- SOUTHBOUND: Turn left (east) on Oakridge Boulevard to Atlantic Avenue, then turn right (south) and head to Main Street.
NORTH BEACH STREET
There will be motorcycle-only parking on selected areas of North Beach Street. These areas will be clearly marked by signage.
Expect heavy traffic around Indian Motorcycle Company (290 North Beach Street).
DR. MARY MCLEOD BETHUNE BOULEVARD (MMB)
Eventgoers can use any of the major roadways intersecting with MMB.
Public parking areas may be restricted to assist with pedestrian safety and vehicle movement during events.
Side streets near the 800 block of MMB will be restricted and/or closed to assist with spectator safety.
DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
We are not anticipating any major traffic concerns in this area, but minor traffic patterns may be implemented to assist with inbound and outbound traffic.
Signage will be clearly posted directing spectators to all events on Speedway property.